Palace Mouse

Palace Mouse
Once upon a time there lived a mouse named Despereaux. He lived in a palace with his family. The palace they were living in was in France. Despereaux’s mother’s name was Antoinette, his father’s name was Lester, his sister’s name was Merlot, his brother’s name was Furlough, his uncle’s name was Alfred and his auntie’s name was Flaurence. There were also other mice which we called the Mouse Council.
When Despereaux was born his family taught him the basic rules of being a mouse. Like to scatter, not to talk to humans and don’t ever go near rats.
But Despereaux didn’t listen to his family. And his family told him he was going to get all the mice into trouble.
When Despereaux was making his way through the castle walls he entered the king’s room. Despereaux tried to run through the room without being seen but the king saw him and caught him. He put him on top of his wardrobe in a cup and went and called Animal Control. While this was happening his sister was passing the room and saw Despereaux sitting in a cup in the king’s bedroom. Merlot went and got brother Furlough, mother Antoinette and father Lester. They scurried across room to help Despereaux. They climbed up the side of the wardrobe and tried to push the cup over. When they were about to give up they saw the animal control car pull up in the drive way from the window.
They had one last, strong push and knocked the cup over. Finally Despereaux was out and able to get out of there before he got caught. But because of Despereaux the animal control man sprayed mouse and rat spray all through the house but the man didn’t spray it in one particular spot the DUNGEON. “To the dungeon (unless you want to die)” shouted Uncle Alfred.
As all the mice made their way down the dungeon stairs the mice spotted someone. They all stood still except one mouse, Despereaux. Despereaux said “don’t be scared. This is Gregory, the jailer he takes care of all the jailers”.
Gregory picked all the mice up 10 at a time. For the rest of all the mice lives Gregory the jailer took care of them.
Upstairs in the dinning area while everyone was having dinner the king shared his story about Despereaux.
While all this was happening the animal control was taking care of a big, fat snake that was found in the house down the road.
In the end every single mouse, rat, human and other animals lived happily ever after.
THE END
By : Abbie Sheridan

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!