Unexpected Friends

“Never go within a 5 meter radius of the forest” said Amy’s Mum. “It's a scary place for little girls like you”. But does Amy listen? “Never again, do you hear me?” said Amy’s Mum.
Amy lived in a castle next to a scary forest and loved exploring and having fun adventures with her very imaginative mind. She has made a very fun game called: Orcs and Dragons. You play by drawing an Orc or Dragon you can get better ones as you defeat other characters.
One day, Amy went too close to the forest and her parents caught her there. She was grounded and put to her room early that night.
The next day Amy was chasing a very pretty butterfly with rainbow colours on its wings. She did not notice that she had passed the 5 meter radius and soon lost track of the butterfly and found herself in the forbidden forest. As she looked around her all she saw was the forever ending black mist.
Suddenly the sky turned dark. She was lost. Very lost. Then, when matters were bad they went to worse as she heard a big crash! Poor Amy was petrified.
“What was that!” she screamed out loud and started running, crashing and tripping through bushes and plants.
Amy felt sharp tingles of water drops as they hit her skin she felt cold. She realised what the loud noise was - it was thunder because now it was raining.
Amy was scared and she started crying and crying. She looked around the dark forest and saw what looked like arms and hands reaching out to her, as if trying to grab her. She fell to the ground and squeezed her eyes shut, screaming to her parents for help. Then the most amazing thing happened! The tree’s held each other's branches and formed a path to show her the way out of the forest. Next a tree held its hands out to her and she stopped for a moment. The forest was not as scary and bad as her parents thought it would be.
The tree held her hand and led her home to the castle. She told her parents everything. They were furious that she disobeyed them again. Amy told them that they helped her. So her parents let her go to the forest and play Orcs and Dragons with the trees.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!