Unexpected

You probably think I’m just another average kid, one with another average life, well you’re wrong, extremely wrong.
Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to have no parents around? I have always wondered what it would feel like to have parents!
I am starving, about to pull straws with my dog and sister, but I will tell you about them and my story later.
I have not had food in a week (this is usual for me) but my sister had a cracker yesterday and that is a treat!
Anyway, we were going to pull straws but then we (when I say we, I mean me and my sister) decided it was too risky, I mean we only have each other and well, the dog wouldn’t have a clue for what on earth is coming so we left it (for now anyway!)
We had a treat tonight food-wise, clothes-wise and sleep/comfort-wise!
Our so very secretive parents occasionally send us bucket loads (maybe not) of money via this lovely lady! This time we got $100 each. We agreed mine would go towards clothes. We decided on food with my sister’s money and we spent our dog’s cash on bedding/comfort! They are two bizarre things: 1. Our dog gets money and 2. The amount that our dog gets ($300). Our parents dump us on the streets and then when they give us money they give the majority to the dog, but it means we can save some! But hey, no more starvation and at least we get some at all! Oh, and by the way I’m Mimmi, 15 years of age, with a sister, Zoe who is 11 years of age and we have a pet adorable dog, Misty who I have had for my life. If you can’t tell, I’m no ordinary child!
Every now and again I tear up about my life, but I know at the end of the day it will all be the same. Sometimes I think deeper and wonder why our parents left us, why they care more about Misty/dog than their children and why they rarely send us money but I know, trust me I know that I can’t just waltz up into their room and ask them, but I sure wish I could. Now I want to tell you about who surrounds me every day. My sister Zoe is kind and caring and a great companion. I am so lucky to have her. And my dog - I can’t even start on my dog - she is beautiful, friendly, adorable, gentle and did I mention adorable?!
Yesterday we received a mysterious note from the lovely lady who frequently gives us money! As I teared it open it looked old or wrecked, like it was sent from a battle zone? Me and Zo decided to read it!

It said "We are in Syria. All our income is yours sorry about money incident hope we see you".


Now I will start!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!