Born

You knew you had arrived when light came into view , your eyes burnt as they adjusted to the unfamiliar place. Fear crept on you, sending chills to your weak heart as you started to feel your throat tighten. The feeling subsided as an unfamiliar sound came out of your mouth taking all the fear from you and demanded comfort. You knew you were safe and home when she held you in her arms. The tears from fear became tears of adoration as she looked in your eyes, daring you not to love her. You knew in her arms is where you belonged immediately they took you away from her , her weak state making her vulnerable and leaving you helpless. The now familiar sound came back bringing tears with it. Fear of being separated from her is what you were feeling right now but the hope in her eyes told you , you will see her again. They called her mummy but you knew she deserved to be called love because that’s what you felt when you looked in her eyes. Now you are here looking at the darkness , all alone with your fingers clenched cooing wondering when you will meet her again.

The pain was unbearable but it was worth it the moment she came into view , her eyes slightly open and her cries filled the room. My heart filled with this unexplainable feeling taking my breath away as I held her tiny body , willing her to stop crying as I looked in her eyes . The weakness that i felt went immediately they took her away from my arms , she was my baby and the fear in her cries told me I had to see her again. Now I lay in my bed my body feeling weak but am holding into hope that I will hold her in my arms again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!