Camping In The Fields

Mum and dad turned on the lights. ‘Guess what day it is?’ dad said.
‘We are going camping', said mum. She rushed my jacket to me as I rubbed my eyes, then I got out of my bed and sat at the table. I had toast and a glass of freshly squeezed juice. My friend, Lily came over and said she had homework, science apparently. She brought her camera and a bottle of sunscreen. “Anything else?’ mum asked. ‘ No I replied’.
As we got to the campsite, dad put on sunscreen then I grabbed the bags and brought them to the tent mum set up. I unpacked and made my bed as my friend got out the plates.
‘Thanks for letting me come’, she said.
We looked out at the view and ran to a little field.
“How pretty’, I said.
There was a whole field of sunflowers! Some were tall, some were short but all of them were gorgeous in every way! I could not believe my eyes. ‘Wow’, Lily said.
The next day, we ran into the field and as we did I said, ‘Where are you?’. I heard no reply.
‘MUM!’ I yelled and she came down into the field. ‘DAD!’ and then he came down.
‘Lily is gone’. Then we heard sobbing. ‘Where or might I say who is that coming from?’ dad asked so loud that my ears hurt.
Then we followed the sound and saw Lily! Lily was crying. ‘It’s ok’, I said. Then we brought her back to the tent. Sadly the next day we had to go home.
A week later, Lily told me she wanted to live on a farm. I am glad that her getting lost in a sunflower field didn’t wreck her love for the outdoors.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!