Easy Love

What was love? Did people still understand the difference between love and lost? In a faraway corner of Manhattan stood a large, expensive private school known as Constance Billard. It had two huge fields and one enormous auditorium. In the 12th grade a young boy identified as Oliver Collins and attractive young lady known as Eliza Kelly attended that school. Oliver was an adolescent with blue eyes and spiky brown hair. On the other hand, Eliza was an average teenage young lady with dirty blond hair with striking green eyes. Oliver felt an overwhelming oppressive desire to possess and protect Eliza through every challenge that came her way. This was because of his undying love for her.

Surprisingly, Oliver had never spoken to Eliza before. He was shy and feared an outcome that might disappoint him. He was always walking past her but never seemed to be fearful to speak when he gets the chance to speak. His mind usually froze like an ice block. Eliza was one of the most popular girls in school, which obviously meant she’s with the populist guy in school. James was tall, generous and protective of her. James’ presence was a massive game-changer for Oliver. For some reason Oliver really feared that Eliza’s jock boyfriend would beat him up if he started addressing her.

Sadly, Oliver discovered that his family was moving to Texas, which truly frustrated him because he hadn’t had the chance to talk to Eliza yet. He didn’t want to leave now, especially without talking to his so called “Love of his Life”. Since Valentine’s day was approaching he decided to communicate with her by doing some secret admirer notes, but eventually she caught him at her locker.

Eliza told him gently, “Don’t be scared to talk to me. We can start hanging out if you like.” She gave him a stubble smile.

From that moment Oliver was happier than ever. Secretly they started meeting up before and after school without James knowing. Eliza’s feelings for James started fading away because all she could think about was Oliver. Furthermore, they both started dating secretly.

In Soccer training, James was running towards the back of the dusty old school shed which was placed between the oval and drama room. He noticed his beloved girlfriend holding Oliver’s hand which was an unexpected incident for all of them. He was shocked, with anger and hatred towards Oliver. He ripped Eliza’s hand away from Oliver, pushed her away from him. To Oliver’s dismay, James punched him faster than Usain Bolt could run. Oliver was so annoyed, so he tripped James on purpose, which led to a brutal fight between them. Eliza was so horrified that she dumped both at once and stormed off incredibly disappointed. The embarrassment made her eyes water. Eliza was never one to cry. She didn’t like to be seen as “weak”.

At lunch time, after the incident, James decided to make Eliza cards for Valentine’s during arts class . He gathered most of his friends to help him apologize to Eliza and to get his one and only girlfriend back. As she descended the Art Block stairs Eliza saw a group of people staring at her. She was confused momentarily but then all of a sudden she saw James step forward.

He started reading out a letter that said, “My heart cannot find rest while you are gone, everything has lost its color since you are not here, l miss you, in short l am nothing without you ... Will you please be mine again and my Prom date?”

Eliza answered joyfully through tears, “Yes,” and accepted the card.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!