Jailbreak

My heart did, but my common sense didn't. As my hands grasped against the the crisp metal bars, I knew it was my only opportunity. I quickly fell to the ground trying not to make any noise as I fitted through the bottom of the metal door. I swiftly got up and scrambled to the exit knowing that it was the last of me. I dashed to the fence and climbed over it surprisingly quickly as they sprinted after me.

It all started a generation ago as I had a argument with a associate. It turned serious and we became worst enemies now hurting each other at will. The police found out soon enough and from then on I've been risking my life in prison and I knew It had to stop.

Crunch, Crunch. My journey continued as I dragged myself through the possessed woods knowing that they were still after me. They couldn't stop. My name was down as the most wanted in the whole of America if anyone found me they would get a reward of $30,000. Pit, pat, pit, pat. I suddenly hear footsteps emerge from the dark woodland, my heart starts to pound harder. Quietly I scramble away into what turned out as a run, hoping that they didn't hear me.

My head softly turns back, as I perceive a glimpse of a figure, I couldn't make out the exact gender as I was a couple hundred metres away, but my instincts said it was a male. My whole body started to calm but I knew there was still a chance. “He Is Here!” bellowed the man in a maori type accent, as others start to rush towards me, I felt conscious and everything turned into a blur, but I knew I had to run. My head felt heavy but it wouldn't restrain me from not going back so I started to spurt away.

I thought I would be pretty fast knowing that most races I had I pretty much won, But I was very slow to these trained professionals. They gained and gained closer and soon enough they were just a couple metres away. My heart skips a beat… I push myself to the limits knowing that it is a life or death situation, my legs pound even harder against the muddy soil as I start to break away from the warden.

I swiftly turn and hide from my opponents behind the poles of timber. I feel a burning sensation all around my body as the escort ran past me. I sigh in relief knowing that I was now free to live by myself. It had worked.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!