Genie World

Lexie was dreaming of flying through the clouds on her favourite magic carpet when Bang! Crash! Lexie tumbled off the lime green couch in fright. She sat up very slowly wondering if it had all just been a dream, then she lay down slowly and closed her eyes but she was awoken again! Lexie knew she had heard that sound before but she just couldn't place it. She got up and slowly walked to the door. She peeked through the window to see... METAL HEAD! Metal Head was her biggest, greatest enemy!
Lexie was home from another tiring yet exciting day. She had welcomed two genies and three had their wish routine. They were probably relaxing in silk hammocks now. She had granted two wishes, one in the Arctic and one in a plane, and oh how Lexie hated heights so she had ducked back into her bottle and wished herself back into Genie World. She had then flicked on the TV and watched Generise but then she had fallen asleep and her TV had automatically turned off. But let's get back to the story.
Lexie had just seen Metal Head!
Lexie looked out the window but Metal Head was gone. So she jumped on one of her many magic carpets and whizzed to the mall. When Lexie arrived at the mall she walked in and almost instantly Lexie was abuzz! Magic carpets whizzed around the mall, gold, red, green, blue, every colour of the rainbow! Laughter started to fill the mall as one of the genies was helped onto one of the larger carpets and started to do a silly dance. Lexie rolled her eyes and walked to a staircase. She ran up twenty steps then got onto one of the big floating platforms in the air and rang a bell. Laughter shattered to silence.
''Every genie needs to get underground!"
"Why?" asked a smaller genie.
"Because Metal Head is on the loose!" she says dramatically. "He has also made a really big robot!"
Every genie gasps.
The Queen and King tell Lexie that she can go and try to stop Metal Head. They give her their daughter Laura and then her and Lexie go back to Lexie's house. Laura tells Lexie that her dress is magical but Lexie knows that it isn't. Later on, Lexie gets up to get some more tea and bumps into Laura's dress. Suddenly Lexie is sucked into Laura's dress and Laura is too. They find themselves in.. Metal Head's lair.
Metal Head is pounding out of the room and is about to break free with his biggest robot yet. Of course his 10 little robots will assist him.
Lexie crept over to Laura. "We need to follow him," she whispered.
"Okay," replied Laura.
They creep over to where Metal Head is programming his robots to over run Genie World. Metal Head puts in the password. All the robots run out, they are starting to wreck all the blossom trees. Luckily ever genie is underground, well, all except Lexie and Laura. Laura is panicking really badly and colourful Genie World is turning into an ugly ugly shade of grey.
Then Lexie remembers she has three wishes...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!