Unearthly Discovery

In the year 2027, despite various warnings, the earth was in ruins.

Global warming and overpopulation had left parts of the world, its countries and cities collapsed into fire and rubble.

Scientists focused on Fantasy and Imagination, the only things that could stop their demise. The resources were designed and constructed by scientists and that made the unimaginable become reality. Unknown worlds could be discovered, but they are not the only living things capable of evolving in such a way. Portals and giant teleportation devices can be made so that organisms can travel to different dimensions of what the world could have been or was. Humans finally constructed the portal in 2036.

The planet was on the brink of extinction when an unknown facility yet to go public was constructed. It was dubbed the "Quickstep”. In the discovery of Quickstep, the company divided people into groups, letting only 1,000 in. The tickets were gone in an instant as people poured in protesting and damaging the company’s design. Security killed millions of people. Who tried but didn’t succeed were shot. 617 people made it through before the Quickstep went up in flames, killing even more. All the plans were lost and were never found. The company had to start over, unfortunately, they never built another or found a way to stop their demise.

And all the people stuck in different unearthly supernatural planets could never return.
 
When the Quickstep arose, a Paleontologist named Dr. James Black was lucky to be chosen to walk through the portal. It is now 2041 and the earth he knew was gone, a lifeless planet next to a black hole. The Sun had streamlined closer and closer to the Blackhole, leaving flickers of light behind the huge star. It left nothing in its path, Mercury, Venus and Earth;  were nothing but dust and rubble floating in space. All hell broke loose when the star and the black hole collided, Neptune, Jupiter, Saturn, Pluto and Planet Nine. The planets and moons were nothing but radiation that replaced their existence.

Radiation from the Supernova swept across the galaxies interfering with gravity, even knocking planets and stars off course. Out of the way of all havoc and destruction, James had been in dimension 34 Ab, with no way of escape. When he walked through James slipped and fell onto a ledge. His eyes, bloodshot as he woke up looking at his leg, a big gush of dry blood all over the ledge and his body. 
 
“I must’ve been out for hours.” 
 
Ignoring the pain James realized that the horizon was spectacular: giant birds soared the sky, millions of trees big and small rooted into the evergreen ground. James knew that this planet had not discovered anything near pollution, the people back home could not ruin this. No more cutting down trees or giant buildings letting out huge amounts of polluted air, nothing in sight was out of place.
 
Except him

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!