BANG!!

A small, tight, unusual alleyway I had never seen before, lay before me. I was filled with loneliness. I very cautiously crept in and out of the parked cars. I could feel the hard concrete under my high heels. All I knew was that wherever I was, I did not like it. There is nothing to worry about, I thought to myself.

I jump, a short, sharp shiver runs up my spine. I thought I heard the sound of a car door closing. I turned around, expecting to see a person. There was no one to be seen. By now I was trembling, something was not right.

I continue to walk in my very uncomfortable high heel shoes as blisters form on my sore feet. A full moon was creeping up the sky rapidly and black, feral alley cats scatted frantically away from their hidden habitats. I took off my Prada heels, just I case I needed to run.

BANG! This time I was positive there was more than one sound. I turned around again, the sound still echoing through my ear drums and filling up my heart with fear. Strange, still no one was there. I started to sprint for my life. I swear the air was getting thicker. I could barely breathe. I began to bang aggressively on the doors of the houses along the alley. No one opens their doors for me.

I looked around for someone while tears were flooding my eyes and streaming down my cheeks. By now fear had radiated through my arms and legs. All I could do was crouch down, and use my shoes as a weapon. I was sweating profusely. I hoped that no one would get me. I wish I took the longer route home.

By Maddie

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!