Jason Horthorn And The Attack Of The Kraken

I spot a surfer heading towards me looking concerned, the massive waves crash against the rough, rocky sand. The seagulls squawk and the salty air tingles my nose. The sand runs soothingly through my toes, I feel warm and calm as the sun shines down on me. "What am I doing here?" I wonder, the surfer just stares at me. Shakily, I get myself off my aching back. I feel the sand fall from me as my eyes adjust to the brightness, "What happened?" I ask. The surfer looks at me with confusion, "What are you doing here?" he asks. I feel like I have slept on a hundred sharp jaggy rocks. "All I remember,” I manage to stammer, "Is that I was on a ship and some sort of dark shadow at the bottom of the ocean flipped our ship over and everything went black." The tanned surfer looks at me intently, "What did it look like?" he asks. "It was some sort of giant squid, I think" I reply. Suddenly, all the colour drains from the surfer's face. He stares at me in horror as he drops his surfboard on to the sand. "You are very lucky to live young man, that was no squid that attacked your boat,” he pauses, "It was The Kraken.
Suddenly, lighting crackles so loud it seems that it has broken the sound barrier. "Run!" screams the surfer in panic, "It's coming! The Kraken is coming!" We sprint towards the surfer's small narrow hut, it is made of wood and palm tree leaves. As we enter, the surfer asks me to climb down a trapdoor into a secret bunker. "Sorry” I say, "I forget to ask, what's your name?" "My name is Jacob, what's yours?" replies the surfer. I study Jacob, he looked like a nice guy. He has light blonde hair and is quite tanned as well. "My name is Jason” I reply. We stop for a second to listen to the noises. "We have to work hard so we can take down The Kraken" says Jacob firmly. "Let's do it,” I reply with a grin.
Jacob and I head towards the raging Kraken, it's pure black eyes go on forever, the withered black body of the Kraken mean's death itself, then it gives an almighty roar and everything goes black… To be continued…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!