Oblivious

I wake up to sounds of screams, ringing through my ears. My heart drops when I look to see my parents are at it yet again. I feel a single, lukewarm tear, roll down my face. Darkness surrounds me as the scolding fills my ears. I just want it to stop.
I go into school and plaster a smile on my face, they are oblivious.

I walk up to the fridge to open it. I slightly jump back at the icy handle. I look at the food and my stomach flips. I look down to see my stomach, but I can’t, I just can’t. I’m too fat. So, I slowly close the fridge.
‘Darling, have you had breakfast yet?” My mum questions.
“Yes.” I reply hoping my mum doesn’t catch my lie.
I go into school and plaster a smile on my face, they are oblivious.

I don’t want to go to school. Too many people. Too many things I’m not good at. My stomach aches and beads of sweat drop off my flushed face. I am scared, I am worried, but I must go to school.
I go into school and plaster a smile on my face, they are oblivious.

You’re not good enough. No one likes you. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. You’re a mistake. My daily thoughts penetrate my mind.
I go into school and plaster a smile on my face, they are oblivious.

I walk into my bathroom, open the cabinet and see my friend, the razor. I look on my arm to see blushing lines, scars. I pull up my sleeve as far as it can go. I make a new line, a bleeding cut, a beautiful site of scarlet beads running down my arm. It’s the only thing I do tat makes everything stop hurting.
I go into school and plaster a smile on my face, they are oblivious.

That day I went into school with a smile plastered on my face, they were oblivious.
I come home to see a bottle of pills left on the table. You’re not worth it. No one would care. Just kill yourself. I pick up the bottle. Take out a handful of pills. I put them to my lips and push them down my throat. Darkness engulfs me.
These six friends didn’t even know. The people with the loudest laughs and the widest smiles are the ones that put on an act. They are screaming but no one is listening.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!