Zeta The Dark Wizard

Crash!! Went the house with another happy village gone. The wind blew and Zeta’s black hooded cloak flew then revealed the true identity of the dark wizard. The wind howled and flew away into the abandoned sky. ‘Looks like the end of this village,’ spoke Zeta,’ No need to come back here again.’ Then he flew into the dark night sky without looking back once. He then wondered into his own magical world to relax, stay calm and have a bath in the hot tub to forget what happened to the village.

The dragon flew all the way to the dark wizard clutching the note in its sharp claws and stopping for a drink now and then. It reached the castle window and dropped the note which contained the secret message into the box of messages. Zeta saw the piece of parchment and snatched it as if he was a wild, hungry dog who hadn’t eaten for several years. He opened the message and read:
Zeta, I want you at the place you were born, urgently!
Love,
Your father

Zeta looked shockingly at the note then at himself in the mirror. He could not understand why his father wanted him at the place where he was born. He sighed then started packing for the journey which awaits him there. He packed apples, pineapples, raspberries, strawberries and watermelons into the small ship of magic.

He then got out his hooded cloak to put on so no-one who came across him would find the true identity of the dark wizard himself. If anyone did come across him, he would blow them up with his wand so he placed it into his cloak pocket. He then got into the small ship and sailed into the red, bright sunset.

‘Father,’ Zeta exclaimed. ‘Now, what was the reason you called me here.’ ‘I had to relax in the hot tub so this better be important.’

‘Your mother is going to have a baby,’ replied his dad. ‘Go and have a look yourself.’

Zeta stepped forward to look but before he could turn back, his father stabbed him in his back with a poisonous knife. He had done it. He succeeded. He had killed the dark wizard so now the dark times were over.

‘I, the father of Zeta the Dark Wizard, hereby declare that the dark wizard is dead and the dark times are over.’ yelled the Zeta’s father.

‘So now this story is passed from our ancestors who had heard this from the dark wizard’s father,’ concluded the wise, old man scurrying to the book of stories. He had told the children this story before.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!