Candyland

Lily was sleeping in as usual when she heard a loud BOOM! Five seconds later she heard a THUMP and a CRASH! That definitely woke her up. She knew exactly who was making that noise though. It was her mother, probably smashing furniture on everything. She could also hear Rocky, her dog, barking, probably woken up too!

Lily got dressed then walked to the kitchen to see what was going on. Her mother was angry at the toaster with steam coming out of her ears. Apparently it wasn’t working but Lily knew that her mother had just forgotten (as usual) to flick the power point. Lily flicked it on quickly for her frustrated mother. “Thank you Lily”, she said calmly with a tiny smile.

After Lily had some breakfast she went outside and put Rocky on his colourful bone leash and set off for a peaceful walk. Today Lily was going to take Rocky to the terrifying woods, which was wet, dark and full of wild animals like black bats and spotty brown owls. As they were walking an invisible purple portal started to open, when all of a sudden it SUCKED UP LILY AND ROCKY! They flew down the purple portal like a rocket and landed on a white bouncy marshmallow pit.

They opened their eyes. Confused, Lily had no idea where they were. Rocky wasn’t worried, he just wanted to eat the colourful candy! He was so distracted, he bumped his head on the humbug tree!

They walked along and saw a group of people. They wondered who they were. The girls came up and said “Hi”, at the same time, “How did you get here and who are you?”
Lily replied “I’m err Lily and this is Rocky”.
They asked “Do you want to be friends?”
“Sure”, replied Lily.
“I’m Violet”, said the girl in the purple top. “This is Charlee”, pointing to a girl in a black top and white shorts. “This is Darby”, looking at a girl smiling with a basketball in her hand.

They walked to their disguised treehouse, “This is where we live”, said Darby. It was full of books, potions and plants. Lily thought it was wonderful and interesting. In the spare room, the bed was yellow and there was a brown dog bed. “Magnificent”, cried Lily
“Woof!” barked Rocky.

Candyland was awesome! They swam in the soda lake, swung on the liquorice, picked toffee apples and ate too many lollies!

A few years after, they were walking when they saw a purple portal, Lily said “That’s how I got here”. They said
“You should go back to your real life and see your family”.
“I should but I really like it here”, replied Lily. She knew she had to go so she said a big goodbye and left with Rocky, but before she left Darby gave her a shining crystal. The crystal was to open the portal to come back sometime. “Goodbye”, Lily said sadly.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!