Paintings

It was midnight, and I was wandering through the eerie corridors of the mythical museum. I adored the museum. Something about the statues and painting really spoke to me. But this time it was different. Everything seemed more mysterious than usual. I decided to call my pet raven, Ravie to investigate. “Coo!, Coo!” I called over and over again until my pet raven landed by my side.

Ravie suddenly flew off my arm as if he were a peregrine falcon. As my little bundle of wings flew he started entering corridors I had never seen before. Then, Ravie stopped. It was a dead end. All that was there was a Painting of a thick green forest. It seemed so life-like as if I could walk right into it. So, I did, but what happened was beyond my wildest dreams.

Without warning, I was suddenly in a lush, green forest. The trees looked as if they could touch the clear, blue sky. As I trekked through the thickly covered forest thoughts were racing through my mind. How did I get here? Where am I? Was this meant to happen? As I was thinking I had no idea that I had just stepped into a dragon’s den. Ravie tried to wake me up from my day-dream, but it was no use.
A couple of seconds later screeches could be heard from miles away. The dragon had me in my sights, and I was whimpering with fear. The greenish-blue dragon had large emerald green wings, an elongated tail and royal blue horns. It was my kind of dragon. As I looked around for a weakness I yelled “Bingo!” I saw a small snippet of bright green hair under its chin. I tugged as hard as I could on the hair until it yelled in pain. I felt bad that I hurt the mystical beast so, I petted it. It opened its glowing orange eyes, then bowed down to me. I named the dragon, Draco. I climbed on my newly found friends’ back as we soared into the cloudy, blue sky with Ravie by my side.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a painting of a ship in the eye of a treacherous storm. Thankfully Draco is just small enough to fit through the painting. Ravie dives in first, and we follow closely behind.

The wind lashed against the ship decks and enormous waves soaked the crew members in a wet rage! Draco and I plummeted into the sea, but Ravie managed to stay afloat. Everything happened so quickly! The pirates dived into the deep, blue sea in search of the green ‘thing’. The horrible beasts caught Ravie and Draco but held me captive. I yelled in fury but it was too late.

I lay in my bed now, knowing that I will never see my beloved family ever again. The monsters had hanged Ravie and Draco and there was nothing I could do. Now I’m trapped here FOREVER!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!