Barney's Adventures

Barney was a sad boy that had no friends. He was just new to the school and he got bullied a lot so he felt melancholy.
He was constantly bullied because he wore glasses and received support by going to a tutor. “I wish I had someone to play with,” moaned Barney.
Every time Barney said something the whole class laughed at him because they thought he was a big nerd. One day however, he began thinking of leaving his school. Yet the funniest thing suddenly appeared T.V. It was an ad about bullying and why you shouldn’t put up with it as well and standing up for one’s self. Barney decided it was time to change and take the advice of the TV ad.
At school the following day Barney demanded that the bully stop. However the bully showed he didn’t care and continue to be mean and nasty to Barney. Barney tried, tried and tried but the nasty bully continued being horrible. Barney had enough and once again stood up to the meanest bullies of the school Marcus, Todd and Tye. The bullies told Barney that they were there to be terrible to him and not stop. But Barney with a strong voice said “No!”

Barney knew it wasn’t right but he had to stand up for himself and punched Todd in the face. He felt scared and ran away as quickly as he could as the bullies chased him. As Barney was running for his life he saw the girl he liked. He gain confidence and did something amazing. With butterflies in his stomach Barney tripped Marcus over and kicked Tye in the groined as well as knocked Todd. He tried to forget this experience when returning back to his classroom.
The school bell rang with a loud roar RING RING RING RING!! It was home time. Barney watched all of the students go home with their friends and was all alone. Barney plucked up the courage and asked with a moan “Will you be my friend?”
The boy replied “Yeah what’s your name?” Barney felt a sparked in his body and said with a cheerful voice “I am Barney.” We decided to work together and stop the bullies for everyone all around our school.
The bullies learnt their lesson and never were nasty to anyone again. Barney and Ben were the coolest boys in the school and remain friends forever.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!