Camping When The War Began

Boooooooooooooom!!! It was 2001, July the fifth, the start of school holidays. There were a group of teenagers going camping on the beach at Byron Bay, with two leaders. Their names were Isabella and Jake, who were a couple. There were four other people and their names were Bob and Milly, Freddy and Belinda who were also boyfriend and girlfriend. They were all hippies and they loved to dance.

While they were sleeping….
“What was that?” Milly whispered.
“I don’t know, I’m scared,” Isabella and Belinda said quietly like a mouse, at the same time.
They all got out of the caravan and looked around. Next minute, this aeroplane flew past, then there were a lot more coming. Baannngggg!!! Something hit the sea and it was a bullet.
“They’re trying to shoot us!! Ruuuuunnnnn!!” Bob screamed.
They all ran into the caravan, got a backpack full of water and food each. But in there was a lion.
They all screamed. ”Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!”
So they all ran.
“We lost the lion!” cried Belinda.
“Yayyyyyyyyyyy!!!! Finally!” said Bob so excitedly.
They all decided that it was getting too dark. Bob and Freddy built the tent out of sticks and leaves.
They go to sleep.
“Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,” Bob snored.

They all woke up. The lion was eating all their food, so they scared the lion away. They could hear someone or something coming. They were scared. They all went walking, then Belinda and Milly suddenly got lost out of the group.
“Where are Belinda and Milly? They are missing!” cried Freddy and Bob.
“I do not know,” Isabella sadly said.
So they all looked around for Milly and Belinda. They all looked in their backpacks for water. They all ran out of water and were missing two people. Next minute this snake came out of nowhere and bit Bob on his leg! They all found a spot to camp, so they all went to sleep.

When they all woke up, they remembered that Bob could only walk with one leg. They all got sticks the same height so he could walk a bit faster. Isabella remembered that Milly and Belinda were missing. While they are all walking they found a waterfall. They filled up their water bottles and all looked around.
“Looooook there’s a hill. We can call out for Milly and Belinda,” whispered Isabella.
“Ok,” replied Bob.
While they were climbing the hill they found a big snake curled up. They walked very quietly and around it. After about five minutes, they finally made it up the hill and called out for Milly and Belinda.
“Oy look there they are!” yelled Bob.
Belinda and Milly were like where they are. They looked around and saw them up the hill, so they walked up the hill. They were all happy being together again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!