Jamie Simmons The Painter And Musician

My name is Jamie Simmons. I'm fourteen years old and I'm a rock star. I mean, I listen to rock music, I make rock music and I’m passionate about it. I'm not famous, though.
I get bullied because of my passion, but I’m optimistic that it’ll end shortly.
When I got home from school one day, I started sketching a mural first thing. I love to draw murals, and I try to make each one tell a story or have a message behind it. I loved it just barely less than I loved metal. I was, and still am, extremely passionate about these things. Even my clothes love them. It was Harmony Day not long ago, so I decided to make this one about equality. I started drawing. It started off good but it got worse as I ran out of ideas.
It was a great day at school a few days later. We were painting murals in art class and doing metal in music class, so that was sick. I got in groups with my friends, Michael and Jake. We had a great time. I truly got to do what I love most at the place that I hate most. The bullies weren't there, so that made it even better. As soon as I got home, I coloured in the drawing for my next mural. I inked the outline carefully and precisely. All I needed now was somewhere to paint it.
The next day was a weekend, and I was ready to paint. I ran outside with my paint, my drawing and everything. I'd decided I would paint it near the school so everyone would see it. I painted blues and oranges and rainbows and people. Corners, angles, shines, circles and shadows. I put every particle of my heart and soul into this. Eventually, I walked back to admire my artwork. It looked just like the drawing. People of all shapes and sizes and races and genders. It conveyed a message, but also looked beautiful. I was so proud of it. I realised some people watched me paint, and I realised how lucky I was not to get caught.
On Monday, some of the people who watched started talking to me. After a while, a lot of people were talking to me and asking questions about graffiti. Even better, the bullies left me alone and were even nice to me. It was horrible but great. It sucks when everyone is constantly asking you the same questions and crowding around you, but I ended up telling the group of people about my music. One of them, Alice Stephens, went home and shared my music on Reddit, and it got quite a bit of attention. I had a small group of fans, but it was good. At least I wasn’t being bullied anymore.
I’m twenty-five now and I’m famous. I’m part of a band called Rancid Rage, and I’m rich. We’re rich. It’s great. The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!