Eastern Nimbus

There was once a little old town, hidden in mountains that could just scrape a cloud out of the sky and hills like giant turtles hidden inside their, big, lumpy shells.
This village was located in the eastern region of nimbus and was deserted, not a single human had ever been there, some were sent, and none ever came back…
But one.

This is the story of the one that came back…
It all started on a hot sunny day were a little kid said to himself I will be the first to explore the town in the hidden mountains.
So he continued on with his dream year by year training until his dream could actually come true.

I can’t tell you the whole story it would go on too long although I can tell you some.

He was hiking to the town, in the hidden mountains when a snarlox appeared, from the ground,
He didn’t know was it was so he pulled out his sword and gave a few vicious swipes but it did nothing, the snarlox just gobbled up the sword and started shooting fire at the traveller. The traveller didn’t know what to say, he was perplexed and amazed at the same time, by the size and the oddness of the weird looking monster, all he knew what to do was run so…
He ran.

The traveller had been on his trip for a while now, he felt lucky to have only seen one monster. What he didn’t know was there were many monsters around the region yet they had been distracted by something else that day. Anyway the traveller was still ready for a fight,
His hand always no more than a meter away from his knife, resting on his belt.

There were many other monsters he fought but I can’t tell you about them.

He saw an orb in the air it was like a little moon floating just in front of him.
He reached out for it but it moved away so he started following it.

He followed the orb until he reached a path, the orb made some funny sounds that sounded like
“[No monsters]”
So the traveller took that as the path that had not been touched by a monster.
He followed the path and at the end of it the traveller reached the most wonderful place. There were water falls, statues that looked century’s old, even big stone houses.
He stayed there all week exploring.

The traveller started wondering how this town was made, but he lost that thought in minutes.
He would have stayed at the town but there was one thing pulling him away from that idea it was that…
He had family at home that he wanted to come back to.
So he followed the path back to reach his family, all, so, welcoming.

THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!