Unexpected

Brea opened her dazzling, emerald green eyes and tied up her luscious golden metallic hair. In a blink of an eye she felt a stroke of unpleasant pain racing up and down her spine. She got out of bed and her arms were jelly and her legs were spaghetti. It was an uncomfortable feeling as she slowly walked down the endless stairs. She approached her mother to tell her the problem.
“mum… I’m aching really badly, what do I do?” Brea questioned.
“maybe it’s that chilly, morning pain. It’ll go away soon,” Mum requested.
“I hope your right,” Brea added
As Brea lumbered to her room, she gazed at the window as fast as a warrior. She quickly noticed a small, black gloomy figure sneaking into her backyard. She panicked like the world was ending. She bolted to her mother as fast as a sailfish to tell her the wretched, wicked news.
“MUM! A MAN SNUCK INTO OUR BACKYARD! WHAT DO WE DO?” Brea shouted.
“Honey? You must be out of this world or you need to see a doctor.” Mum commented.
“DO YOU SERIOUSLY THINK THAT I WOULD MAKE THIS UP? WOW YOUR BEING REALLY HELPFUL TODAY AREN’T YOU?” Brea shouted.
“Positive thoughts, positive thoughts,” Mum declared.
“Ugh, your useless.” Brea responded.
Brea got out her phone and called triple zero.
“Hello, you are speaking with Chloe here. How may I help you?” The police officer questioned.
“Uhhhh, a c… crazy m… man just s… snuck into my b… back yard,” Brea stuttered.
“Address, number and name please” She ordered.
Brea opened her mouth to see shock, what was he doing? She immediately dropped the light phone on the tiles that were harder than bedrock. She glazed at the window and saw him digging like there was some sort of missing piece or gold or even maybe a hidden body.
She tasted nothing but the salty tears coming from her dazzling, crystal eyes. She felt pain again, she had a feeling that the man was the problem.
“Maybe mums right, am I out of this world?” Brea questioned herself.
As fast as light, Brea looked at the window and the man was missing. She slowly crawled out of the window to see what he was digging. She approached the spot and.
CRASH!
“Where am I? Who are you? What’s happening?” Brea questioned the strange figure.
“Shut up.” The man ordered.
“Where’s my mum?” Brea questioned him once again.
The man rolled his eyes once again. He looked back and stated in an evil manner,
“You won’t see her again.”
Brea panicked like the world was ending. She slowly looked down to see a tight thick rope wrapped around her and as fast as fear pulsing through heated veins another man showed up and placed some dark, shiny duck-tape on her soft, pink lips. She panicked in silence and shook from all directions, up, down, left, right and more.
When the room was empty Brea noticed a pocket knife beside her. She thought to herself that she could grab it, or maybe she shouldn’t get her hopes up. She tried and she grabbed it.
When she escaped she ran like the wind outside the horrific building, it seemed like an abandoned hospital, like her dad’s old work. She decided to run to her dad’s new work since it’s the closest to where she is. Whilst running, she found a band aid on the top of her fore arm.
“They must have taken some blood.” Brea thought to herself silently.
She kept running until she approached her destination. She went inside and bolted inside her dad’s office to see her dad cleaning a sharp tall needle.
“What are you doing here sweetie?” Brea’s dad questioned.
“W, what’s that?” Brea stuttered to her guilty, dangerous so called father.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!