Jailbreak

"I'm breaking you out!" whispers a tall, skinny man wearing a black jacket and pants. "What?" you say. “Shhh," the man says "Keep quiet. You were sentenced to jail for murder you didn't commit, right?"
"Yes, but why do you care?" you ask quietly.
"Because it happened to my dad.” he says "By the way I'm John.”
"I'm Jack." you reply.
John tries all the keys in the lock, "Ohhh great,” John exclaims "I've stolen the wrong set of keys. I'd better go and get the right ones".
You realise that there are alarms ringing in the distance. “Wait!" you say, "Did you set those alarms off?" "Probably.” John replies casually.
John runs down the corridor to get the keys from the guard, a few seconds later you hear gunshots and screaming. When John finally returns with the right set of keys he opens the cell door and says "We’ve got company!"
"Jailbreak in sector C4! I repeat jailbreak in sector C4!!!" A voice crackles over the loudspeaker. John hands you a small pistol and a knife. "It’s for defence,” he says “do you know how to use them?" "Yes.” you reply, you have used a similar pistol at your dad's farm. "Let's go!" John says.
You follow John down the corridor. You hear footsteps coming up behind you getting louder by the second so you risk a glance behind and wished you hadn't. "They're catching up to us!" you say.
"Really?!" John exclaims. You hear footsteps and say "Listen John, they're coming up ahead!" "Rats!" replies John. There is a right-hand corner coming up. Just as you are about to turn John yells "Turn around, there are too many coming!!" The guards turn the corner and say "Gotcha!"
You look around, you are surrounded! John pulls a small black can out of his pocket and drops it. Black smoke fills the corridor. "Get on the floor!" Says a voice next to you and then you realise it’s John, so you do it. One of the guards fires a Taser at another guard through the smoke thinking it was John. The guard screams.
"Let's leave while they're distracted,” you say. "Good idea.” John says as he crawls toward to where they were originally going.
When you are past the smoke you get up and make a run for it. You follow John down the corridors until you find three men just finishing their shifts for the day. You and John sneak around the closest corner and into a door marked: CLEANING ROOM.
Luckily there is no one in there. "Hide and get ready to knock them out.” says John as he hands you a broom. "Did you see that?" a voice says from outside the room. "Let's check.” another voice says.
As they walk in you and John both hit one guard each but there's still one left. You both try to hit him, but he dodges and hits you back, he pulls out his Taser and when he's just about to pull the trigger John whacks him in the head and he falls over.
"Thanks!” you say. "Put on their clothes.” John says.
You put on their clothes, look at the security card / I.D. and say "Looks like I'm Bill!” "And I'm Tom.” says John.
You leave the room and walk in the direction the exit sign is pointing. When you get to the exit you show the guard your I.D and he lets you past, when John shows the guard his I.D he say's "Wait, didn't you have a beard this morning?"
"Ummm," says John pointing "there's the escaped prisoner!!!" "Where!?" the guard says, looking around.
"Right here!" you say as you punch him in the face, hard enough to knock him out. "What about security cameras?" you ask. "I smashed them on the way in!" John replies. "Thanks!" you say to John as you run off into the sunset.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!