I Don't Want This Teacher

Have you ever had a teacher that you didn't want? A teacher that would rip up your homework if you forgot to write the date? Or a teacher that would throw your book out if you forgot one pair of speech marks? That kind of teacher would be horrible, right? I knew one, her name was Miss Samuels.
"Wake up, Grace! You're going to miss the bus!" stated mother as she opened my blinds. I quickly sprinted to my closet, got changed, grabbed my bag, snatched a piece of toast from the kitchen table and jumped on the bus. I didn't want to be late on the first day of school. Especially when you had a really strict teacher.
When the first bell rang, all of the year 8 students, including me, rushed into the class before it was too late. I hated this teacher, but there was no escape. We needed to get rid of her. Miss Samuels was like a shark in lipgloss and a dress.
"Welcome sssssstudentsssss. Today we have Mathssss," said Miss Samuels. She had a tendency to make her 'S' go for a long time, like a snake. As soon as the painfully long math’s lesson ended, I wanted to have a different teacher. So I pushed pass some year 9's and stormed into the computing room to type up a petition to get rid of Miss Samuels for good.
By third period, I had typed up a petition and handed it to the Principal. She didn't really focus on it, so she just sent me on my way with a 'Principal Stamp of Approval' at the top of the page. During recess, I had gotten 148 signatures and that was enough. I would expose her later.
During fourth period, I kept watching the clock, and when Miss Samuels covered the clock with paper, I kept checking my Fit-Bit every 5 seconds. As soon as the bell rang for lunch, I stood up straight and marched down to the front of the class in front of Miss Samuels's desk. She didn't look up at me but she said, "Yes, I know what you're going to say.”
"You do?" I said, worried. How did she know?
"You think the homework was too hard. I'm sorry but you have to do it or you fail and you'II have to be stuck in year 8 forever!" she laughed. Now friendly, but psychopathically. Wait, what? She didn't know! Now I can expose her in front of all my classmates!
"Students of year 8. I'm sorry to announce, but your teacher, Miss Samuels, is going to be fired tomorrow!" I smiled as the final words came out of my mouth. Miss Samuels was smiling. Oh. My. Gosh. Then she picked up all of her stuff and walked out.
"YYYEEEAAAHHH!!" I yelled.
I learnt that you should always stand up for yourself, even though it might involve a teacher being fired.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!