Rat Thief Alert: The Need For The Acorn

"Must. Get. Out," thought the rat, "must get rats from all over the world to help sustain us rats for longer. Because my name is Packrat, is it not?" It actually wasn't my name, it was Cosmo, but those squirrels didn't understand. They gave me that name, they have taken our supply of acorns for centuries, they are the reason why rats suffer in the food category. They don't understand we need acorns for our medicine, our food and to survive! But they have to be greedy, making food into how they pay for things, not even caring that instead of eating it, they put a stamp on it.
Where the heroes of Squirrelville are... "Guys, I'm really nervous about high school,” said Blossom, looking over to her brother and sisters. "You'll be fine,” said Leafy and her older sister, Bloom, comforted her. Back where the other kids were... "Summer!" Spring, the oldest child in the family yelled out angrily, "Did you use my Acone!" "I just took some pictures on it with my friends! Is that a problem?" exclaimed Summer, in a defensive way. "You ran down my Acone battery! It's only on 50% thanks to you!" Spring replied rather loudly. "Girls, calm down! It's only an Acone!" their mother shouted from downstairs. So... maybe they weren't the best family to show but they're still the heroes of Squirrelville.
"Hhhhmmmm,” the rat thought in his cell, "I'll knockout the guards, steal their keys, get out of here, steal some acorns from the squirrels and bring them back home. What about me? I'll be their hero! Now I have to find a way to avoid the squirrels who got me in this state in the first place.” Suddenly, a guard walked past so he launched his plan into action - only to walk into another guard. He knocked him out along with every guard who got in his way and escaped. He robbed the bank while the heroes were at school as he had learnt they were children thanks to Squirrel Eyewitness News. HE, the MIGHTIEST RAT in the WORLD had been TRICKED by TEENAGERS. This seemed OUTRAGEOUS to him.
But he went a bit overboard with one robbery. The squirrels never took down their bank, so it became a real one. He forgot about the trap system in the bank and he got caught once again. The police arrived just in time to see this happen and arrested him and made him return everything he stole. Things were peaceful in the banks for the next few years at the very least. But you didn't think this was the end of the reign of the rat, did you?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!