Jailbreak

I woke up in a cold bed with a pillow like a rock, prison isn’t nice at all. I went out to the cafeteria, it was breakfast. As I said, the food is horrendous, the pancakes taste like a sponge, the milk is off and the cereal is stale. I finished my terrible breakfast and went out into the yard.

In the yard, I usually play tag with my friends or we talk on the benches at the back. Today, we sat and talked, when suddenly I noticed something shiny out of the corner of my eye. Sitting at the end of the bench there was a knife, I ran over and grabbed it. I kept it in my pocket for the rest of the day until lunchtime, I got it out of my pocket and held it towards the cop on guard, he tried to tase me but I swiped the taser out of his hand and tased him. I grabbed his pistol then put him behind the bins.

At free time, I ran outside and showed my friends the knife, taser and pistol. I kept the knife and gave the taser to Dan, and the pistol to Jack. Just then, I saw a big block of concrete, probably from the stone wall. Then I remembered I had a strong stick, all I needed was a string to tie them together, then we could have a hammer!

That night I dreamed about freedom, robbing banks and jewellery stores with my friends. That's how I got in here, robbing donut stores and service stations, the museum was my favourite, I nearly died there. Its lasers are very fast and there are heaps of them, I stole a giant donut and a huge cone. I stole lots of dinosaur bones, a big jewel and an Egyptian mask. Car rims and gold, that's just the museum.

The next day my friends and I were on a hunt for string, I asked the other prisoners, but nobody had any. I eventually found some in the bin. I put together the hammer underneath the table at breakfast. At yard time I went down to my cell with my friends. I broke the toilet with the hammer and we crawled into the sewers.

We climbed out and found ourselves in the prison car park. We had to stay low so the cops wouldn’t see us. I stole an SUV parked outside the police station, Dan and Jack climbed in, Jack sat up the top and shot at any police that saw us. Not long after our escape, we had police coming from all directions. Jack got two cars out of the way, but the helicopter was right above us. Suddenly our car swerved into the water, another SUV had nudged us off the bridge! The police got a boat and lifted us out, we got taken back to prison and got put in our cells, but little do they know, I still have the knife…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!