Get Out!

Maybe going into the house wasn’t such a good idea. It was around 8 o’clock at night. Summer and Anne decided to go for a walk around the block. It was freezing outside so the two girls had a few layers of clothes on. After walking for about 7 minutes they stumbled upon an old broken down house. “Look it’s the old haunted house, we should go and explore it!” whispered Summer.
“No way, we will get murdered”, replied Anne anxiously.
“I don’t care what you say, we are going in there,” demanded Summer.
“Fine but if something happens to us I’m going to kill you,” said Anne.
Summer and Anne walked up to the door as Summer was opening it, it made very loud creaky noises. They both walked into the house, Anne made sure Summer stayed in front of her the whole time. Summer and Anne tip toed quietly upstairs, they enter a room which seemed like it used to be a child’s bedroom. Only to witness a dead girl laying on the floor. She had black hair, fully black eyes with what looked like a bloody white long dress.
“Nah I’m out!” screamed Anne loudly.
As she tries to run to the door it shuts in front of her and she hears a click. Then all of sudden ‘BANG!! The windows all slap shut. Summer cautiously makes her way over to Anne. “Okay so maybe this was a bad idea,” whispered Summer. The two of them look over at the girl laying on the bedroom floor. She starts to slowly get up. Anne starts screaming at the top of her lungs while Summer is trying so hard not to scream and show her fear. The demon girl starts walking closer to them and has the girls trapped in a corner. She grabs Anne and stares into her eyes for a few seconds. Anne drops to the floor and looks unconscious. The demon girl disappears into thin air. The doors all unlock, the windows all fly open. Before Summer can rush over to Anne she looks up at the roof and sees the words ‘get out’ written in blood.
Summer quickly runs out of the house, she ran through the darkness of the night and all the way back to her house. She unlocks her front door in a rush. As soon as she gets into her house she runs through her hall way, into her bedroom and jumps in her bed, hiding underneath the doona cover breathing heavily. As she lay there, thinking about her good friend, she promised herself to never go in that house again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!