Underwater (flash Fiction)

The door is large, carved from mahogany, embellished with golden patterns; swirls spirals and floral designs, beautifully intwined into one another, leading my eyes to the handle. It twists and turns, opening wider than an eagle's wings. Behind it reveals a white marble floor, paired with graceful beige and gold geometric wallpaper, and white sheer curtains, draped from the windows. But I can't see through the windows, a white glaze covers the glass, blocking my view.
Walking around I admire the vases, the long chaise lounge, the sparkling chandelier, and everything else in the room that reflects the ridiculous price I payed for the place.
My adventure stumbles along a control panel, a silver board on the wall with black buttons, levers and switches. One stands out, it glistens in the lighting. My finger grass on it and pushes it deep into the depths of the wall. Ding! In a blink, the white glaze disappears and replacing it lays the big blue ocean I all it's beauty. A fish swims up, its nose on the glass, and then suddenly...CRACK! A lightning forms in the panel, water rushes in, my breath is taken away.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!