Eat It Or Wear It

‘This is the worst food ever!’ my little brother Leo yelled.
Dad was getting annoyed at him always saying that, so he told Leo to ‘Eat it or wear it.’
‘I’ll wear it,’ replied Leo. As he dumped it on himself.
I secretly laughed. He was now covered in spaghetti sauce dripping off his forehead and spaghetti falling onto his cheeks.
The next day school started again. It was Leo’s first year of school and I could feel that it wasn’t going to be a good start. Mum dropped us off and said to Leo, be good and make friends. As usual Leo replied ‘Friends!!’ He has been saying that nearly every time someone talks to him.
At lunch time a message from the speaker was announced it said, “Emma to Miss jones Classroom.” Straight away I knew it was something to do with Leo. I jumped out of my seat and ran to Miss Jones’ room. She was standing at the door covered in soup. I asked what happened, and she pointed to Leo and then yelled out to him, ‘DETENTION!’ I thought to myself why do they do detention at this age isn’t that a bit young?
When Leo was in detention he was told to fill out this sheet:
Who do you go to for help? _________
What do you like to draw? _________ and
What type of music do you like to listen to? _______
He filled it out like this:
Who do you go to for help? Friends
What do you like to draw? Friends and
What type of music do you like to listen to? Friends
I automatically knew he failed.
When we got home, Leo told Mum what happened he said he thought it was funny but Mum thought the opposite, so she sent him to his room with a punishment of no Ipad for a month. Leo started to scream. I blocked my ears but that didn’t do much he was SOOO loud.
On the second day Mum went in with Leo to apologise for what he had done. ‘I forgive you Leo,’ said Miss Jones. I could tell she was still very annoyed. That day Leo did everything Miss Jones told him to do.
That weekend Alice my new BFF came over for dinner we had steak and peas. “I hate peas she told everyone at the dinner table. Leo told her to ‘eat it or wear it’ but she had no choice as Leo had already dumped the whole plate of food onto her head. Dad yelled at Leo and he started to cry (again) so he was sent to his room. Alice was not happy, but she couldn’t help laughing! Neither could I. All I could see was steak juice and peas smothered on her face.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!