Zombies On Mars

“Hello!...hello!, this is officer Jonathan Ridings from the S.U.S Valkyrie. This operation was to find and discover life on the red planet we know as Mars. We found an unidentified flower type of creature, it spit a strange fluid onto our leading officer...officer Jenkins. We noticed a strange rash on him then he...eh...eh!, I’m sorry I have to go, please help!...help!

Jonathan looked around, the transmission module wasn’t that much of a safe place. He quickly sprung up a map of the station he glanced at it “there it is” Jonathan needed to get to the emergency pod docking bridge, but it was practically on the other side of the ship “computer, search the quickest and safest way to get out” the computer denied. It meant that Jonathan was on his own on this one.

He decided to take the main bridge running through the station, this would eventually lead to the pod bridge. It wasn’t the safest decision but it was his only decision. He started moving through each room and module as fast and as quiet as possible. He moved and moved until he heard a loud devilish cry. “Oh no!...no!” Jonathan started moving as fast as he could, he was dripping with sweat. Then at the end of the bridge exit he saw the Captain but he wasn’t himself he to had been infected with the decease.

The Captain came at Jonathan faster than any human can move, it was as if the disease alters the physical strength of anyone who was infected. Jonathan moved and moved it was no use the Captain had already caught up to him, he looked around and saw a liquid nitrogen canister, he smashed it against a barrel and through it. The Captain was a peace of ice now, Jonathan paid his respects and quickly left.

Finally he made it to the bridge, he entered the pod “set coordinates to escape route...Earth” the ship fired up then a Zombie jumped on his windshield, it started to spit this strange green liquid on the pod. Luckily the liquid could not get through the seal on the pod. The pod left the station. The pod came crashing through Earth's atmosphere and plummeted into a lake of the coast of Canada. “No!...no, no, no!” Jonathan had noticed that the disease had gotten into the water, witch means into the soil and the plants. The world was coming to a horrible end.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!