Genie In A Bottle

Something had happened. It came from the genie bottle. Whoosh! A flash of purple smoke filled the room as fast as a lightning bolt. Someone was in here. Grrrrrrrrrr! It Must be my bratty little sister sketching up a devious plan. Why does she think she’s soooo superior? The smoke started to fade away leaving only the sight of small figure standing in front of my bed.
“Surely that’s not…a high pitched voice interrupted me and said “What are your three wishes.” I was overwhelmed with excitement! Three wishes? That means that the small figure was a genie! “Well, what are you waiting for. Make a wish.” she said impatiently. I slowly closed my eyes and said “I wish I was a genie” Whoosh! Purple smoke filled the room just like before.
I opened my eyes to find myself inside a genie bottle with genies flying on magic carpets everywhere I look. Ok! I’m making my second wish!” I said optimistically. “I wish I looked better than any other genie!” Whoosh! I looked amazing. I couldn’t wait to go home and show off my new clothes and my new-
“Wait, how am I going to get home?” The genie shrugged and flew off on a magic carpet. Oh no! I was stuck in a genie bottle! I searched and searched for a way out but it was hopeless. This place was bigger than I expected.
I had been searching for hours. what would my mum think? i had been gone for so long. I saw a little genie making a wish. That’s it! I had one wish left to get me home. I made my wish. “I wish I could go home!” I said calming down. Whoosh!
Within five seconds I was home again, safe and sound. What a laborious day. If I didn't see that little genie making a wish I would still be in that bottle right now. I grabbed my genie bottle, smashed it on the floor and jumped in bed. I was never being a genie again!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!