George's Story

My mum and sister smiling unaware of what would unfold. The uniforms marched in ordering and despising anything with our culture.
What would happen now? Little did they know.

Ordered to march. Tried to escape but risked other people’s lives. Returned to get beaten. Surely they will have mercy? Little did we know.

Family members disappearing into a place unseen. Surely they would come home soon. Little did we know.

Ordering people to rooms as big as a dog’s kennel. Whisperings that things will get better. We could only hope.

Only Father and me. Taken to a dark place where no one ever smiles. There is nothing to smile about. Surely this was temporary.
We could only hope.

Sitting in our cell until the uniforms came and took us away. Bombings happening as frequently as the beatings we received.
Work could relieve us from this torture through death. We could only hope.

The worst day came. We got ordered onto death trains. Only one thing on our minds: survive. This all has to end, right? We could only believe.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!