Jail Proof

BANG! The dirty ragged girl woke up from her deep sleep. As she looked around the mouldy, dust- ridden brick jail, a wave of terror flooded her throbbing heart. The prisoner immediately sat upon her wooden stool and remembered, but not- fully, what had happened .She remembered her trail, her being accused of murder and a lot of other things she just couldn’t figure out. The girl looked out the metal door which had woken her up in amazement and thought of one thing.
She needed proof.
She needed the word and its action itself which could save her life and solve the case of murder.
But the girl didn’t know where to find proof or didn’t have an idea. The child slumped back on her stool and stared at the cob-webbed ceiling with only a dull pain in her chest. But then it hit her .It hit her like a wave of relief washing her exhausted brain. She suddenly remembered hearing a prisoner saying that he saw someone holding something metal at midnight saying “Now one would ever find my item her!’’ And suddenly he disappeared in a wave of dust. The girl woke up and jumped up to find the broom to clean the jail. She swept until there wasn’t a speck of dirt left. The girl was pretty pleased with herself until she realised what she was looking for. The item which killed the victim .The girl’s head spun as she fell and sobbed. Suddenly she looked up thinking someone was watching her but she was wrong.
Near the door there was reflecting like it was metal. The girl jumped and looked clearly at it “I FOUND IT!!!’’She screamed with all her might as she lifted up the item that she found. A knife .The item witch killed the victim and for some reason had the murders name on it.
Suddenly the heavy metal door slammed open as wide- eyed guards raced in and found a girl with a knife in her hands and a big smile on her face. After that when they lead her up to the courthouse, she thought about her future ahead. A life of gold ,silver money and jewels .A life which will never let her be a prisoner again .


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!