Jean's World

I am not just a regular 13-year-old girl. I’m…special.
See, the reason that I am ‘special’ to others is that… I can see things. Things that everyone else can’t. But the thing is I see these things, these things that haunt me and only my close family and my best friend Amy know.
Amy actually believes me.
I woke up and I was on a cold hard floor, but I don’t remember coming here. Last night, I went to look around and all I could see was darkness. Then a big, bright light flashed, so I ran towards it and suddenly saw these giant hands coming towards me. I closed my eyes in fear, then when I opened them, I looked around and was laying in a ditch outside my home town.
The next day was quite normal. I had breakfast and went to school. At school it was still the same. I would meet Amy out the front of the school, then as soon as the bell went, we would go back to class. I would sit at the back and ignore everyone, except Amy, and Amy would sit next to me. I like sitting at the back where no one else could talk to me because, most of the time, I don’t talk.
When I came home everything was still the same. When it was time for bed, as soon as I closed my eyes, I was back there in the pitch black room with a big bright light flickering at me. I ran towards the light but this time I saw something, or someone, looking at me. I could not quite tell what it was, but it was just standing there, waiting for me. I tried to close my eyes and open them again, but it did not work. I kept trying and trying, but nothing would work. This time it was like I was stuck.
The next morning, I woke up in the same ditch as before, except this time everything was not normal. When I got home there were police everywhere and when my mum saw me, she started to cry saying “Where were you? Where have you been for the last two weeks!?”
But I did not know what she meant. Had I really been gone for two weeks?
A couple of days passed by and still nothing. The dark place never came back. A few more months, then a year went by and still I didn’t have the nightmare thing happen to me. Sometimes I still think that it might come back, but it never did.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!