Ekala The Magic Emu

CLASH BANG! It was Ekala trying to brew another potion to make her feathers softer, lets say it worked but there were a few well side effects and these ones didn't ware of, oh no these ones were permanent it made her neck, legs and body look smaller but not her wings,her eyes turned blue, she had a lovely rainbow weave and sparkly particles everywhere. Then she started to speak wallaby, the other emus started to stare questionably at Ekala, she was going to say sorry but she blurted out some English. Ekala was so embarrassed that she wanted to go to Perth!

Then something amazing happened, she started flapping her wings and her body lifted of the ground, she was now happy to finally get away from South Australia! The lorikeets chirped, the wind blew and it felt like her life has just begun, a few days went by and she finally reached Perth, a kookaburra named Ken greeted her by saying a joke he said, "What kind of maths do owls like? OWLGEBRA! Kookoocaacaa!" Ekala had a little giggle to as she made her way past the valleys and into a nice place to make her nest away from everyone else, she drank lots of water and ate a few bugs, she was then she went roaming around then she saw a figure with dark skin, he was Amaru the Aborigine he also spotted the weird looking emu, he ran towards her and Ekala started to fly to get out of view .

Ken then stopped to get her he explained that Amaru was a wizard and he could lift the spell from her. Ekala finally calmed down, came to Amaru and asked question, "So you can lift my course?"Amaru then replied by saying, "Yes I can under one condition, you must build your nest next to everyone else, by the way your beautiful just the way you are!"then Ekala thought for a moment, she realised that Amaru was right and she was beautiful just the way she was. Ekala Agreed on everything accept for one thing: i like myself don't lift this gift from me please. Amaru was so pleased and so was Ken, they became the best of friends.

The moral of this story is that you should love yourself the way are, true beauty is in the inside :)

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!