Nemesis

Chapter One
"You can't blend in when you are born to stand out" ~ R.J.Palacio
Ordinary
I know I'm not an ordinary boy; sure, I do most ordinary things such as reading books and playing PS4, but I am different in many ways. First off, I get home-schooled because I got bullied in primary school by the worst people imaginable. I was bullied because of my appearance. The bully’s names were Bane, Brook and Cane; some call them the threesome of annihilation. I get home-schooled by my mother Miranda Scott; I like being home-schooled because I don't have to wake up anxious to go to school. If I had a magic lamp, I would wish to have a normal hand, I want to walk freely without being stared at or being teased or being called an infected mutant wherever I go; I don't want to be that person that scares little kids anymore. I'm not ordinary because people don't see me as an ordinary kid.
Chapter Two
"No one is perfect in life" ~ Oscar Scott
New Beginning
Unfortunately, my mother submitted an application to school without asking me. I thought this was the end of me but my mother said "It's not healthy for you to be home-schooled, please Oscar if you don't feel comfortable you can tell me and I will get you out of school as soon as I can." She pleaded me to give school another try, so I agreed. I had an interview. The Principal’s name was Mr. Lawrence, he invited -another student to give me a tour of the school, his name is Benjamin Smith. “Take Oscar around the school and show him around." He replied with, "Yes, Mr. Lawrence," so he started taking me around the school.
Chapter Three
"Be grateful for what you have now as a living" ~ Resilience Project
Summer, A new start
As soon as I started my first class, I saw a few guys and a teacher that looked threatening to me. Everyone stayed away from them, I sat on a bench next to Benjamin. The teacher asked if I would want to say a little about myself in class, but I politely said no because I thought I would get laughed at for my deformed hand. As we sat down at the table for lunch, the mob of students as well as the teacher came over, creating a huge shadow above us, they said, "I think you took our table so move out the way!" We moved as fast as we could, I hesitated and I asked Benjamin who they were to which he replied with, "They’re the badest bullies, their names are Brad, he’s the teacher, Derek, and Zane is the other leaders.” I thought for a second, if I tell mother, they will come for me! So I decided to not to tell her.
Chapter Four
"Never be the bully always be the hero" ~ Cyrus Dobre
Winter, Term Three
It has been happening for a long time, my friend and I get bullied in many ways, such as getting shoved in a trash can; it was the worst until finally they got pointed out by the teachers and everybody is happy about that but we don't show it. The bad news is that they only got a warning and got suspended so they will come back to get revenge on all of us, probably in term four they're going to come back since they’re suspended for a month and then it's term four when they come so we must be prepared.
Chapter Five
"Always stand up for your friends" ~ Oscar Scott
Term Four, The Return
It was time, last term, the last term of the year, and that meant one very terrifying thing. I tried not to think about it as I began my seemingly ordinary day, with the teachers having their meeting, when all of a sudden I was picked up off the ground by the teacher and strangled to the ground by the mob of students whose return I had been waiting.; I was wounded, everyone started to yell and scream, "Put him down or there will be consequences." It was so fierce, I suddenly woke up, so we told Mr. Lawrence and he said, "I will send a letter to their mother's saying that they are expelled from this school and the teacher will receive a note saying that he is fired." Everyone cheered so loudly and that was the end of that!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!