Unexpected Guest

I was hiking for days and days, it felt like an eternity. I could feel my sweat dripping down my face and disappearing into my woollen, scruffy and dirty shirt. I stank like a skunk. Each step I took I thought I would drop to the ground and lie there in peace. But I knew I had the power, energy and courage to go on.
Suddenly from the corner of my left tired eye, I saw the evergreen bushes rattle. The bushes rattled and rattled, more and more, my face was beginning to get as red as chilli. My heart was pumping faster and faster each time I looked in between a set of tall trees for a ferocious animal. Until my searching all stoped and I heard an almighty growl! I took a sharp and quick glimpse behind and I saw a dangerous, humongous tiger.
I had no time to wait I sprinted to the edge of the haunting and steep cliff followed by the angry tiger. Each thorn or stick slowed me down significantly, but it all stoped when I arrived at my destination at the creepy cliff. I stood there frozen not knowing what to do.
Each look I took at the glimmering water, the tiger was moving a centimetre closer each second. Growl by growl I was so close to falling to my knees. I had to think really fast as the tiger thought he had won the battle by showing off its loud and noisy growl.
I was way too weak to fight the tiger. The clock was ticking; I only had a few seconds so I did the unbelievable. And Jumped!
SPLOSH!
I had the feeling that I would die , I looked back at the rejected tiger who had thought he had got his dinner for the night. Ohh I felt as proud as the sun to still be alive and happy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!