Candy Land

Once upon a time, one night not long ago lived a boy called Kai. He woke up in his bedroom to a strange door with a plaque, the plaque read Candy Land. He went through the door and… Wow, just WOW!
Candy Land looked like a rainbow paradise, it even had a chocolate river. Kai picked some grass, it smelt sweet and tasted like lime liquorish. He explored and wandered around for an hour and met a boy called Dexter who was from Candy Land.
Kai and Dexter became friends and each nigh time on Earth, Kai would return to Candy Land where it was day time, and live in a ginger bread house with Dexter.
One night in Candy Land a cyclone came and ripped right through the roof of the gingerbread house, Dexter felt sad and very worried.
When Kai returned and saw Candy Land was destroyed he was astonished. “Repairs will cost a lot”, said Dexter. “Can’t you build your house with more candy?” asked Kai. “Not that easy, we need icing and the icing factory got destroyed!” exclaimed Dexter.
Later that day everyone was helping to clean up. Even the council was helping. “I heard Candy Council was going to fix up the village and all the houses that got damaged” said Dexter. “Look, there they are, they’re fixing those houses over there now and they are even getting the icing factory up and running again.
That night when Kai went home a huge storm hit his house destroying everything. Lucky Kai had time to get his family to the Candy Land portal and he rushed them through the strange door to Candy Land, saving his family’s life. He walks them to Dexter’s gingerbread house where Dexter and his family are busy rebuilding. They decide to add extra rooms onto Dexter’s house making the ginger bread house longer to fit both families. Kai’s mum and dad think Candy Land is the best place in the world and they do not want to move back home!
The two dads started working together at the Candy Council and Kai and Dexter loved living together in their brand new ginger and white chocolate mansion!
THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!