Zombies And Stuff

It was the year 2077. I was living in an apartment close to the capital building in Washiton D.C. There were peacekeeper out posts scattered around the state.
Clickers and Runners are everywhere. They are infected from a virus that started in 2049. I’m not sure what started it but I think it is a sort of spore.
There are three stages of the infected; Runners, Clickers and Blotters. Runners are the early stages, then Clickers which use clicks to identify objects. And Blotters, well their just big. They have been infected for a long time.
And by the way I’m Ellie. The peacekeepers are supposed to keep the peace but they just make things harder for us outlaws. My group, gang, whatever you want to call it, is one of the many groups. We call our self the Fireflies.
The Fireflies are a large group, but we have to fight to survive. I lost my younger brother to a Clicker. I saw him change so I had no choice. I’ll never forget that day, that day when I had to kill my own brother.
I was fifteen, sixteen in a month. I’ve always wanted to go to a party. I’ve heard the peace keepers talk about them. They said there was cake, soft drinks, party poppers and all kinds of sweets.
The Fireflies are planning an attack on the capital building it is one of the peacekeeper’s strong holds. We are running out of supplies, we need more medicine, food and water.
“Ellie” Brien shouted. “The gate!” It was a horde of Clickers. I made a break for my rifle, slid a couple of rounds in the magazine and slid the bolt back. And shot a clicker in the side of the head and one in the shoulder. I was about to pull the trigger and out of the blue an enormous hand came out of the shadows and yanked my arm and threw my limp body at the wall. That is when I blacked out.
I woke with a stabbing pain in my chest and bright lights focused on me. I noticed I was strapped to the table. Then I saw Brien, “Ellie your awake, the doctor told me that you had a spinal injury and a dislocated shoulder.” “What! Can I walk?” “The doctor hasn’t clarified that. But it’s not serious.”
I nervously touched my back and felt that there was a lump where there shouldn’t be.
All of a sudden a loud bang came from down the hallway. A push of heat rushed over me. I felt the roof cave in on me and I felt my body being crushed. I jumped up and realised I had dozed off. I went outside and saw with horror that the entire city was collapsing. Everything was gone.












FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!