Jeff And The Invincibles

Once upon a time on the open plains of the Savanna there was a giraffe, but not just any giraffe, he was Jeff the Evil Giraffe, JEG for short. JEG was so evil he wanted to chop down every one of the juicy green leaves in the Savanna just to eat them all. But little did JEG know that underneath him a little snail heard all his mischievous plotting, remember that snail! JEG summoned his evil sidekick Mira the Mysterious Meerkat. JEG and Mira plotted all day until they developed the perfect plan to rule the whole Savanna! Back to the snail, a heroic snail. He is called Sammy, Sammy the Solar Powered Snail. He’ll sleep most of the day to be super powered at night. Sammy’s favourite food is anything leafy and his favourite colour is green. Sammy’s two friends are Cella the Cello Playing Cheetah and Bruce the Bowerbird. Cella’s cello is blue and Bruce sometimes tries to pick it up, but of course the cello is far too heavy for Bruce to lift to his bower.
The next day JEG and Mira started on their diabolical plan. They snuck out at the crack of dawn with edible glue, a very long piece of string and a pair of scissors. Straight away JEG was cutting down leaves and handing them to Mira so that she could glue them on the string. The pair chopped and glued through 10 trees by the time everyone else was awake. When Sammy went out, he realised what JEG and Mira had done, but he needed to charge, so Sammy fell asleep to recharge. As soon as he woke up, he assembled a meeting with Bruce and Cella. “We need to do something” says Sammy “Why?” Bruce and Cella asked “Jeff and Mira are planning to have all the leaves in the Savanna to themselves! So we need to do something fast” said Sammy “but what?” asked Bruce, “We need to come up with a plan to stop Jeff and Mira!” Sammy exclaimed. It took a while, but the invincible group came up with a plan to stop the troublesome twosome.
First, after JEG and Mira went to sleep, the invincible group came in and glued the two diabolical animals to their cave and leaves. Next, Cella set up outside and started to play the most high-pitched scratchy note on the cello possible, this made JEG and Mira break free and eventually come out. After this Bruce started pecking JEG and Mira just to annoy them. And finally, Sammy, who planned it all, started slithering over the two terrors leaving a solar powered snail slime trail all over the troublesome twosome. Luckily Cella had rope to tie JEG and Mira up, but before she could, they ran away and hid out of sight. Sammy and his friends were safe now, or were they???

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!