Kidnapped

It was a cold and stormy night, Kesha warmed her feet by the fireplace while her mum cooked dinner. She ate the warm soup and went to bed, she was still very upset about the kidnapping of her younger brother Max. She thought about him every moment of her miserable day knowing she could have done more to prevent the act of evil. His innocent face was implanted in her mind. What went wrong? Where was he? She needed answers. Max was one of the most significant people in her life and knowing he was still out there, she had to find him.
The next morning Kesha told her mum she was going for a dip in the pool to cool off, her mum nodded. Kesha rushed outside, chucked a ball in the pool to make it sound like she jumped in, before racing out the back of her wooden gate in the direction of the lonely forest behind her house. She ran until her house was barely in sight. This forest gave her the creep’s so she picked up a stick for protection.
“Crunch” she stood on dry leaves giving herself a fright. Making herself more anxious. She stood there deciding where to start .They had already searched this area several times.
She had only walked five minutes before realising that it was getting dark. She didn’t want her mum to lose both of her children in one year so she decided to climb a tree to get a better look at her surroundings. All she could see was the top of more trees. She jumped down, landing on a piece of ripped clothing. She stared at it and knew immediately she had seen this pattern before. Then it hit her. Tears ran down her face while the name ‘Max’ echoed in her mind.
Then she saw a shadowy figure with a knife shaped object in its hand and the screams of a young child before she blacked out. Kesha woke later to the sounds of sirens and people talking. She rushed to the sound, running through prickly bushes and tripping on sharp rocks. She knew she was getting close. When she arrived Kesha stared at the emergency crews, her Mum, Max and what appeared to be the kidnapper. Kesha scrambled to her mother who was holding Max in her arms. Max had deep gashes all over his body, vast bruises and looked traumatised. She ran and hugged her mother and brother. There were kisses, hugs and teary eyes. She glanced at the kidnapper and mumbled under her breath then she look at her mum, apologising, explaining that she couldn’t let her brother go that easily. Her mum just smiled as they walk to the emergency car and lived the happy life Kesha thought she’d lost.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!