Underwater World!

We begin in the deepest darkest depths of the ocean, where no human dared to venture. A place where the most mysterious creatures prowl. Creatures that are mysterious and marvellous. No one is in the slightest way alike. Some are pink, some are blue, some are scaly, some aren't. Some are vicious, some are shy, but they're all amazing.
On the surface, word was being spread about this underwater world. When rumours reached the ears of the world’s most courageous, experienced submarine diver, the diver decided to take the risk and began the long, hazardous journey to the unknown at the bottom of the ocean.
With a week of supplies the daring diver set off on his journey to discover this incredible underwater world. He travelled for days until finally he reached the bottom. It was pitch black, not so much as a ripple in the water disturbed the deafening silence that penetrated through the daring adventurer's ears. Then, as if out of nowhere, a monstrous creature emerged from the darkness. It had a mile-long fangs that stretched out from its gaping jaw and horrible green slime oozing around its disgusting body. The diver had no time to stay and study it! He raced off as fast as he could go. Then suddenly, a giant squid gripped the diver's submarine with its massive tentacles! The diver clawed at the buttons and levers in the submarine frantically, in a desperate struggle to escape its grip. Finally, after what seemed like hours of fighting, the squid turned and...fled? The diver thought for a second, "I wonder what scared that squid?" Then he looked around and saw the most terrifying thing he had ever seen! This monster kind of looked like a whale, but it could not have been because its teeth were razor sharp. The diver suddenly realised that the reason the squid had fled was because this monster was about fifty-miles longer than the squid and about ten-miles wider. The diver sped through a small tunnel, which was much too small for the whale-like creature to fit through. The beast was gone, but then what the diver discovered when the tunnel ended on the other side was nothing less than astonishing.
There was corals of thousands of different colours, there were fish that shone like gold. Every piece of coral and every fish was a different shape or size! After hours of exploring and enjoying the scenery the diver jotted all his discoveries down on his research paper and started for home. The long journey home seemed different to the journey towards the mysterious underwater world because the diver knew that there was so much more to discover. Things beyond what he discovered in his short time in the beautiful depths of the ocean. The only question left now is...who will be the next adventurer?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!