Rapunzel My Way


Rapunzel was her name, her hair gold like a lion’s mane, she was perfect, or that’s what she thought. Rapunzel weighed 175 kilograms, and was actually the opposite of perfect.

Here’s her daily routine; 1. Breakfast: 4 eggs, 2 fairy-bread sandwiches, 3 cans of baked beans and 6 pancakes. 2. Listen to the heaviest music ever. 3. Fight the lion in the cage. 4. Watch the bloodiest movie ever. 5. Lift weights 2 x the weight of herself. 6. Lunch: 1 metre long hot dog loaded with chilli and chips, 1 litre of soft drink and half a tub of Ice-cream. 7. Watch the 2nd bloodiest movie ever. 8. Sleep until dinner. 9. Dinner: Breakfast and lunch plus 2 pots of lamb shanks. 10. Dessert: 1 tub of ice-cream, 1 bottle of chocolate syrup and 7 crepes with butterscotch sauce.

One day Rapunzel was singing from her window, without her knowing the most handsome of princes heard her sing.The prince felt like he was in heaven, he didn’t see her, just heard. Without investigating he decided he would come back tomorrow with 2 knives, climb the walls of the tower, and find his true love, or so he thought.

Rapunzel’s mother was the model of a beautiful woman. She came exactly on time and stayed the whole day, then when they were eating dinner something strange happened. As they were talking between mouthfuls of dinner, they heard the weirdest sound. Like someone was climbing up the tower, Rapunzel’s mother looked down and saw the most handsome man in the world.

She told Rapunzel it was a murderer, so Rapunzel hid in the cupboard. But she stayed by the window. When he was almost at the top, she helped him up. Thinking this beautiful woman was the one singing he took her in his arms and kissed her.

As the prince lifted his lips from the mother’s he asked, “ My fair maiden, were you the one with the heavenly voice singing like an angel”. With a flutter of her eye lids the mother replied “No” in a confused tone. It was at this moment that Rapunzel spoke.

“It was me” she said. Before the prince looked up he said “Then you may both come with m-aah”, at that very second the prince looked up and saw what Rapunzel was. “ Quick come with me, I will save us from that horror” He muttered to the mother, and with that he and the mother jumped out the window.

As he reached for his knife to slow their fall, he felt a pain in his chest, the mother had forgotten her hidden knife.The life drifted out of the prince, the mother with tears welling up in her eyes, the knife dropped from the princes hand onto the mother’s head, and with that they both fell to the bottom of the tower, dead. As Rapunzel looked out the window, mixed feelings all over, Rapunzel decided something, she was happier this way.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!