You Are Enough

Excellence Award in the 'Just Keep Writing 2019' competition

Ava lay on the cold tiled floor, head tilted to the side out of exhaustion. Blood pooled out of her arms and legs onto the tiled floor. A resounding knock on the door. "Ava?" A meek voice called out. Ava lifted her head and stared at the door. "Ava, are you there?" The meek voice continued. Ava opened her mouth to let out a hoarse "here". The door opened and standing there was Ava's classmate with her mouth agape with horror. "Ava! What happened?!" Ava's classmate exclaimed as she skidded across the tiled floor. Ava's classmate turned her arms around to find the source of blood and very quickly found a rag and dipped it in warm water to clean the wound on her arms and thighs. Ava sat there with exhaustion evident in her eyes.

"Why?" Ava gasped out. "What do you mean 'why'?" Ava's classmate asked softly.

"Why are you helping me?" Ava whispered with as much energy she could muster. Ava's classmate face darkened even more than before. Ava blinked and her face was back to the caring face she saw a second ago. "Let's just say, I've dealt with this kind of problem before and I know what thoughts are clouding your head. Just know that you are enough," Ava's classmate finished with a warm smile.

Ava felt tears pooling out of her eyes. She needed to hear that and she was glad that she was enough even if it was from someone she wasn't so close to.

Ava's classmate hugged her as she cried all her problems out and Ava hugged back. A warm feeling was emitting from their chests as Ava's classmate comforts them.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!