Taking Over The Universe

John Smith, the commander of the 68th squadron of the Squadron group, (weird name, isn’t it reader) was flying his Saucer through system Delta 598. He yawned.
“This is boring,” he thought.
So far they had neutralised at least three planets, and that was before lunch. As he flew through space his mind wandered to what was on telly tonight. That was until he noticed some lights. John sat up with a jolt. The lights were reminiscent to the mothership of the Capoota Clan, also known as the Universal Tax Department. How they got the nickname Capoota, no one knows.
“Finally, an actual challenge!” he said out loud.
“What was that, commander?” The voice of Nicholas Benjamin Chaffey, his second in command, filled his headset.
“Eh, nothing much, just the Capoota Clan MOTHERSHIP! Let’s go blow it up! Then there will be no more resistance for us! This universe will be ours!”
“Uh, yeah, that’s great commander, it’s just that the mothership holds about a thousand attack ships, and our squadron is made up of about 15 saucers,” Nicholas said.
“WHO CARES, I am in command, and I order you to switch your laser gun safety switch to off, and attack that mothership!”
“If you insist, commander.”
The 15 saucers spread out to form an arrowhead formation, which looks just like it sounds. They raced toward the mothership.
“Prepare to fire,” instructed John. Okay, get ready………… FIRE!”
Lasers shot out of the saucers forward pointing guns, and hit…….. Nothing.
“What the……” Started John.
He didn’t finish. The mothership had completely disappeared! Then a blood chilling voice came over his headset.
“Guess what losers, that ship was just a hologram, the actual mothership is behind you.” J
ohn turned his head around just in time to see 15 ballistic missiles released from the real Mothership. One for each saucer. The last thing he heard was
“Long live the Capoota Clan/Universal Tax Department!”
THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!