Can't Help Falling In Love

New school, new me. Those four words repeated in my head as I walked down the hall to the principal's office. Some students gave me weird stares but most of them didn't even look towards my direction. I looked down, trying to cover my face with my long brown hair, hoping no one else would give me weird glances. As I was about to step into the principal's office, I felt another body as I slightly got pushed back. I looked up, Staring right at my face was shiny blonde hair and gorgeous blue eyes, twinkling.
"Oh, I'm so sorry," I said quietly, as I helped him pick up the papers that fell. "I didn't see you there,"
He looked at me straight in the eyes and smiled a little.
"Oh, it's fine," while giggling a bit, "I'm Luke by the way,"
I blushed a little. "Hi, I'm Isabelle, nice to meet you."
"Hi, Isabelle, it was nice meeting you, hope to see you around."
"You too, um, Luke."
We smiled at each other and giggled for the last time as we finished picking up his papers. He waved goodbye and I finally stepped into the principal's office.

After period one and two ended, I tried walking calmly to my locker, as so many people were walking and bumping past me. I needed to put these heavy books in there, my hands were tired and I also needed my lunch money. As I was putting my books away, I could hear these loud noises on my left side. I looked, it was Luke and some girl, down a few lockers from mine. They started yelling and arguing, then the girl slapped Luke in the face. She flipped her long blonde hair and strutted away to her friends. I quickly grabbed my lunch money and raced to Luke.
"Luke, are you alright?"
"Yeah, I'm fine. Sydney, my girlfriend, well, now my ex-girlfriend just broke up with me."
"Oh, I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have asked, I should get going,"
As I gave him a half smile as a sign of goodbye and turned around to walk away, I felt a warm hand grab me by the wrist, it was Luke.
"Isabelle, since you're only new, do you want to sit with me and my friends for lunch?"
How could I say no to those big blue eyes and that beautiful smile? I gave a small smile and agreed.

Those first few minutes or maybe even seconds we were talking to each other, I knew he was a good person, I knew I wanted to be around him more and I definitely know I was going to end up liking this guy. I don't think I've laughed or even been this happy after moving from my old school and losing my old friends. I felt happy, I felt comfortable and I felt safe around him.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!