Jasper Jones Diary Entry

Dear diary, it's Jasper here,it's the day after I brought Charlie on an adventure. Earlier that day I was walking through the bush to my secret place. I was going to swim in the billabong, Everything was supposed to be fine! Nothing was fine about this. I walked to my place only to find Laura's bloody, dead body just hanging there. Laura couldn't have done that. So I ran to Charlie's house,I felt like Charlie was the only one I could trust. I knocked on Charlie's window. Charlie hopped out. We walked and walked until we got to my place. I grabbed Charlie's mouth, I felt that he would scream and run away but I trusted him, I don't really know him but I trust him. I pushed him through nature's curtains. I thought Charlie could me with the body. We were still kids, this shouldn't have been seen by us. We were scared and cut Laura down. Now we were touching the body. She'd been a close friend to me, I felt a lump form in my throat but ignored it. On the count of three we threw Laura into the billabong, we watched her sink to the bottom. Now I had to trust Charlie not to tell a soul. This was a secret only him and I could know. Charlie and I became an accessory to murder. This was the biggest event in my life. But we still need to find out who killed Laura? I'm worried sick I don't want to go to jail. It would be impossible to explain that 'I' found a dead body. This is scary to think about how Charlie and I are accessories to murder. I feel sick when I see Laura's body replaying over and over again as if I'm being pounded by a hammer. I feel like I'm going to vomit.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!