Galaxy Wolves

Galaxy Wolves

“Why are we here? This place is strange…” I say. My friend, Max, says “It’s ok, it’s just a forest.” I reply: “Oh, phew. I thought it was-” CRASH! The tree fell over. A bush moved. I looked closer… What was it? I took a step back. A little creature jumped out. It was… a wolf… but it wasn’t just ANY wolf, it was a- GALAXY WOLF!

The wolf came from the far corners of the universe and it looked like it needed help. How was Max and I supposed to take this creature back? It was a poor, helpless little wolf cub. His fur sparkled with color. His ears were beautifully patterned. He glowed in the dark. I didn't know what to do when I suddenly heard someone. It was Max. He said he’d ran for help when he saw the wolf’s injured leg. “Huh?” I say. “What injured leg?” Max points down to the wolf’s leg “OH NO! It looks like it hurt! Let's take it back to HQ, OK?” “Sure. Get our hoverboards out,” I’ll take the HoverCart out so the wolf can ride in it. Let’s go!” ZOOM! We get back to HQ and put the wolf in the healing station. “ he’ll be healed in about an hour or so.” We cleaned the wolves’ leg and put it in a bandage. Then we left him in the healing room overnight.

The next morning I woke up with a grin, and I was happy. The wolf was happy to see me too and he was licking my face. I walked into the kitchen to make breakfast. I decided on waffles with honey and ice cream. Max had toast that was perfectly cooked. I gave the wolf some meat scraps and he ate his brekky. “What should we call him?” I asked Max. “I do not know.” Max replied. “How about Galaxy?” “Sure. perfect.” I will take Galaxy for a walk later. Maybe I could take him around the forest? I hope I can find out where he came from. I set off with Galaxy and we we walked for ages. I picked up a stick and threw it to him when my phone buzzed. It was Max. He said mother wolf was on its way because she heard the howl booming through the galaxy.

Apparently Mother Wolf’s home planet was destroyed, and she now had nowhere else to go. Mother wolf didn't know that the rest of the pack had already settled on Saturn’s moon Titan. During the confusion and explosion, Galaxy was blown away to Earth. I was interrupted by a massive, loud howl booming through the forest. It was mother wolf. She could speak English! “Thank you, human.” She said “Thank you for protecting my child.” Then Galaxy spoke too! “Yeah, thanks… Joe and Max” I couldn’t believe it. “Bye!. See ya soon!” They disappeared into the distance. I walked back to HQ. Max… Today was… THE BEST DAY EVER!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!