Gavin's Camping Trip

“Are we there yet?” asked Bob for about the millionth time. Gavin had decided to go hiking with his friends Bob and Jeff. “Finally!” sighs Bob when they pulled over at the walking trail. Gavin walked away to explore, but he didn’t notice that his friends hadn’t left. Suddenly, he turned around. His friends weren’t there and every tree looked the same. Eyes like scanners, he looked around.

Gavin was lost! The snap of a twig echoed through the forest. His head whipped around and he began to follow the sound. Suddenly, the ground gave way and he began to fall. Fortunately, the pit was only 1 metre deep. When he got out, he lay some sticks on it and made a fire inside his makeshift house. Luckily, he had some rations and marshmallows. He made a bed out of leaves. After dawn, he got up and started walking. “GRRRR!!” Gavin whips around only to find a bear growling ferociously. He takes off like a bird. The bear is hot on his heels. He catches a glimpse of a car and sprinted in that direction . When he opens the door the bear stops. “beep!!” Beeps his cell phone as he dials his friends.

Two hours later, the friends return. They all hop in the car to drive away. Later, he told Bob and Jeff how he outran a bear. Of course, they don’t believe him!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!