George Mayhem

In Brentwood high school of New York, George Mayhem was the son of the mayor of New York city. George’s dad’s name was Josh Mayhem. Anyway, George knew that he had to get his grades up because he’s eighteen which means for most people they’re in year twelve. It’s his last year of high school so he better make it a good one. He’s in a selective school because his dream is to become a smart Mayor. He can’t read letters or words properly so since kindergarten his best friends have been helping him in subjects. His best friends are John and Jack. And there's another person who is known as his arch enemy [James Jones]. The worst thing that can happen is James being my neighbor. And guess who my neighbor is JAMES. He comes over to my house and throws eggs at it and when I try to tell my dad he doesn't believe me. He really is or maybe I’m dreaming but that’s not likely. It’s term two and I’m getting a new teacher. It is Jane Jones also known as James's mum. She is my favorite and funniest teacher in the whole of America. She doesn't teach subjects instead she teaches us how to have fun but James has a lame version of fun or actually the lamest version of fun. Anyway, the last time I met her was in preschool and I was actually her best student surprisingly. Last term I got nineteen E’s and thirty D’s and forty C’s and one B. This term I only got forty-five A’s. JAMES WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!! Sorry about that... wait what dad. You are going to another country so I have to stay with Jane. Do you mean James's mum.”Yup” says dad.NO FAIR!!!!!!! “I know,” says my best friends. ”Tell your dad that you want to come to my house” says Jack .”No talking in hallways” says, Mr. Danny. Who cares. Don’t tell him I said that. Anyway oh no. Guess who came James's brother. Don. He is the new naughtiest kid in school. I think he is the naughtiest kid in the whole of USA. Even though his mother thinks he's the best kid in the world. Um, I mean nice to meet you, Mrs. Jones. We were just talking about how fun you were UH I mean how good you were at teaching. Yeah, that thing. Mrs. Jones told us she appreciates us saying that but we have to get on with our skit. Even though I didn’t sign up for it she says it's compulsory because we have to learn about the meaning of fun. The bell rang yay school has finished but no I’m going to James's house. I’ve got to find a way to persuade my dad to stay home at my house. Yes, I have a plan. My plan is to unbook his flight. I get his phone and unbook it. He now said he's not going away.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!