Can We Go Back?

Can we go back?

As I opened the door and stood outside I heard the absolute deafening sounds of the ambulance sirens wave over me. I knew it was possible but I never thought it would actually happen, I mean, why her? My head spun as all my thoughts began to overwhelm me, from my stomach to my head. I should never have let her leave, why didn't I make her stay. I could have avoided this whole mess if I had just stood my ground. A tear ran down my cheek as I began thinking about all the possibilities of what could have happened to her. It's all my fault.

As the sirens became a distant sound, I leapt from my spot and ran to my car. I have to go to her, now, I thought. I cried and prayed as i drove frantically, following the sound that I knew was the sirens leading the way to her. I drove faster and faster, my head spinning wildly fast, the worry drowning the blood out of my face and making my head freeze with angst. Suddenly i saw the vehicle taking her away and envisioned her lying on her back on a stretcher, unconscious. I wanted to beep the van signifying it to stop, but i didn't. "Stop", I whispered pathetically. Finally they reached the hospital with me only a few meters behind. As they parked, I flew out of my car and ran to the window of the van in front. A man put his window down and instructed me to move away. I didn't. I couldn't. "My sister is in there" I yelled, while tears ran down my cheek. "She is hurt! Please help her" I fumbled through the tears. He got out of the van and walked over to the back of the van where other people had already taken her out. They then lifted the stretcher into the hospital. I followed closely behind. They took her to a room and started running tests. I left. I just could not bear to see her the way she was. Bleeding, bruised and weak.

Shortly after, I returned. I sat next to her on a seat next to the bed. She started to open her eyes, mumbling words that I couldn't comprehend. I sat there listening quietly. Then she spoke a phrase that I could understand from a mile away. She said, "I'm sorry".

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!