Camping Holiday!

Camping Holiday!

Oh man! I’m so excited, we’re finally going on a camping holiday. Mum says that it’s only for the weekend,but I’m still excited. Dad says it’s going to be full of animals like pigs, turkeys, horses and loads more. It was a long trip up the Gillies Range,but we passed the time by reading and playing on the ipad. Finally we made it. We had to stop in front of the office to pay for some food to feed the animals and for the place we were camping. Boy we were in for a big weekend.

Whew! That was quite a run and I’ll tell you all about it. We were sitting in our camping chairs when a bush turkey came prancing around. Our dog went crazy. He yanked on his lead and he was off. I chased him with a book in my hand. I leapt and yanked at the lead and he stopped running straight away. I ran up and grabbed the lead and led him back to the campsite.

Going to sleep that night was out of thought. My mind was still whirring from the past 3 hours. I was thinking about how funny I must have looked to people who were watching me. I could not get to sleep at all,but when my watch beeped twelve o’clock I fell asleep.

When I woke up I got out of the tent and went into the food box that we store outside the tent. When everyone woke up we went down to the animals,and brought the food that Mum bought from the office. We went up there,but got scared away by a big turkey. At least we made it back in one piece.

Well we had a great weekend. I have never seen that many campers in one place, and I’m sure everyone else camping had a great time. I can’t wait to get home,and tell my friends about this amazing trip. Thanks for listening to this short story. I will treasure it forever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!